Vyond is seeking an experienced Accounting Manager to supervise, monitor and evaluate all day-to-day accounting activities. This role also helps with month-end close and building out Vyond’s policies, procedures, and internal controls. This role reports to the Head of Finance and will work closely with all operational departments across the company. The work is ever-changing and is ideal for a highly analytical problem solver who has an interest in corporate accounting, budgeting and financial modeling.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties are representative of the responsibilities of this position. These assignments may change as the needs and priorities of the organization evolve.
- Manage the monthly close including consolidations, accounts payable, standard and non-standard accruals, purchasing/PO’s, prepaid expense and fixed asset accounting, expense reports, balance sheet account reconciliations, and monthly allocations.
- Creation of fluxes and explanations for variances for key P&L and BS accounts
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close; ensure all schedules are up-to-date and maintained in an “audit ready” form, which includes being proactive in resolving any open items
- Supports budget and forecasting activities
- Assist with audits, tax filings and review of supporting documentation and various analysis
- Partner with various department leads regularly to ensure timely and accurate processing of accounts payable and drive improvements with the accounts payable process
- Manage annual 1099 reporting and sales/use tax filing
- Assist in research of technical accounting issues as needed. Apply proper accounting treatment required as a basis for booking journal entries and gathering audit evidence
- Proactively identify, develop, and implement process improvements, documenting procedures to achieve efficiencies and scalability
- Contribute to special projects including new system implementations, new policies, and cross functional issues
- Duties may include other areas of accounting, such as backing up for billing/accounts receivable
- Assist on ad hoc projects where needed
REQUIREMENTS, QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field with 5-7 years’ relevant work experience
- Strong analytical skills, exceptional organization and time management skills, and ability to work independently required
- Professional judgment and ability to interact with different levels of management
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting concepts required and familiar with international accounting standards
- Experience in SaaS business is a plus
- Must have experience preparing and reconciling the following accounts: cash, prepaid and other assets, fixed assets, accounts receivable, accounts payable, compensation, vendor and other accruals.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, including pivot tables and v-lookup formulas required
- Superior work paper organization, attention to detail, ability to quickly synthesize and analyze data required
- Positive, proactive, team-focused attitude and desire to do whatever it takes are essential
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Vyond, our mission is to put the power of video in the hands of everyone. Vyond allows people of all skill levels in all industries and job roles to create dynamic and powerful media. With features that go beyond moving text and images, you can build character-driven stories or compelling data visualizations that engage audiences and deliver results.
Founded as GoAnimate in 2007, Vyond has helped Global 2000 organizations, small businesses, and individuals produce their own videos easily and cost-effectively. Since its inception, the Company has served over 12 million registered users on six continents who have created more than 30 million videos.
With offices in Silicon Valley, Hong Kong, and Taiwan, Vyond employs a team of people whose creativity extends well beyond our office walls. We are passionate about the power of video and how it makes the static dynamic and transforms the mundane into the captivating.
VYOND™ is a trademark of GoAnimate, Inc., registered in Australia, Brazil, Chile, the European Union, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, OAPI, the Philippines, Singapore, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and Vietnam; Reg. U.S. Pat. & Tm. Off. Other names and marks are the property of their respective holders.
VYOND™ is a trademark of GoAnimate, Inc.
Company Website: www.vyond.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)